WHAT: The PA Public School Building Construction and Reconstruction Advisory Committee will hold its next public hearing to continue discussion and receive testimony related to the state’s reimbursement program for school districts for costs associated with construction and reconstruction and lease of public school buildings (commonly known as PlanCon). The Committee was established pursuant to Act 25 of 2016, to review and make recommendations to the Governor and the General Assembly.
WHEN: Thursday, May 4, 2017 at Noon
WHO: PlanCon Committee, co-chaired by Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Pat Browne, House Appropriations Committee Chairman Stan Saylor and Education Secretary Pedro Rivera. This hearing will be held in the district of Chairman Browne and PlanCon committee member Representative Ryan Mackenzie.
Tentatively scheduled to testify include:
- Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials (PASBO)
- Richard T. Sniscak, Superintendent of Schools, Parkland School District
- Bob Bruchak, Business Administrator, Salisbury Township School District
- Mike Kelly, AIA, KCBA Architects
- Dennis Pierce, President, The Farfield Company
- Arif Fazil, President, D’Huy Engineering
WHERE: East Penn School District
800 Pine Street
Emmaus, PA 18049]
Note: We invite the media to attend and cover this event.
Contacts: Matt Moyer (Senator Browne) firstname.lastname@example.org – 717-787-1349 (Office), 610-349-2879 (Cell)
Charles Lardner (Rep. Saylor) email@example.com – 717-260-6443