Health and Human Services Subcommittee
Monday, March 21, 2016
Room 8E-B East Wing
The Senate Appropriations Committee Health and Human Services Subcommittee will hold its first hearing today. The Health and Human Services Subcommittee’s Majority Chair is Senator Pat Vance and its Minority Chair is Senator John Wozniak.
The hearing will focus on long-term care program topics, specifically:
- Historical program growth and projections of future growth.
- Cost drivers.
- Nursing Facility rate setting process/Budget Adjustment Factor.
- Long-term living waiver programs.
- Cost Containment Concepts.
- Nursing care costs in private and public facilities.
Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Pat Browne and Democratic Appropriations Committee Chairman Vincent Hughes established this subcommittee structure within the Senate Appropriations Committee to allow for a more thorough review of department and agency spending beyond what was possible during Senate Appropriations Committee budget hearings.
Subcommittee meetings will be held every Monday of session weeks from 10 a.m. to noon in Room 8E-B East Wing. Each subcommittee will be charged with:
- Performing increased administrative and program area analysis.
- Developing initiatives to promote efficiencies in program administration and delivery.
- Developing and analyzing Unified Program Area Budget Statements.