WHAT: The PA Public School Building Construction and Reconstruction Advisory Committee will hold its next public hearing to continue discussion and receive testimony related to the state’s reimbursement program for school districts for costs associated with construction and reconstruction and lease of public school buildings (commonly known as PlanCon). The Committee was established pursuant to Act 25 of 2016 to review and make recommendations to the Governor and the General Assembly.
WHO: PlanCon Committee, co-chaired by Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Pat Browne and House Education Committee Chairman Stan Saylor. This hearing will be held in the district of PlanCon co-chair Representative Saylor.
Tentatively scheduled to testify include:
- Mike Wang, Philadelphia School Advocacy Partners
- Jonathan Cetel, Executive Director, PennCAN
- Naomi Johnson Booker, Vice President, Board of Trustees, Keystone Alliance for Public Charter Schools, and CEO, Global Leadership Academy Charter School in Philadelphia
- Anthony Pirrello, Vice President, Pennsylvania Coalition of Public Charter Schools Board of Trustees, and CEO, Montessori Regional Charter School in Erie
- Dave Steele, PE, ACEC/PA Vice Chair of Facilities Committee, Vice President, Urban Engineers, Inc.
- John Luciani, President, First Capital Engineering
- Scott A. Deisley, Superintendent, Red Lion Area School District
Monday, February 13 at 11:00 a.m.
Red Lion Area High School
200 Horace Mann Avenue
Red Lion, PA 17356
Note: We invite the media to attend and cover this event.